If you are a mid- to senior-level business professional, you may face obstacles to maintaining an active, health lifestyle. Your job may be sedentary with long hours seated at a desk. Or you love to jog, but your job brings you frequently to airport hotels with few places to run. How do you stay healthy?
Staying aware and making incremental modifications to your diet is the first step. Incorporating fitness into every area of your life that you can is the next. The following resources will help you stay on track.
- American Academy Family Physician’s features within its website in-depth articles about men’s health.
- American Cancer Society is a storehouse on information on cancer awareness and prevention.
- American College of Sports Medicine publishes rigorous fitness training articles. Some are technical but others are helpful for beginners such as this article on exercise recovery geared to laypeople.
- American Heart Association has a great blog on heart health and a repository of info addressing concerns of many, including men 40+. In addition, it has extensive resources devoted to heart-healthy fitness and nutrition.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has on its website an Eat Right – Resources for Men devoted to men’s nutrition, including recipes and common sense guidelines.
- Havard Medical School’s heart health blog is one of the best.
- Mayo Clinic, one of the world’s leading hospitals, publishes extensive nutrition tips as well as articles on men’s health.
Visit my website, www.johnbatistabocchino.com, for more. Follow me on Twitter @jbbocchino.